YOLO Colorhouse® is committed to diversity in the workplace. We look for motivated people who share our commitment to the environment, our passion for color and design and a desire to make a little bit of a difference.
We are a fast-paced start-up. A sense of humor and an ability to thrive on change helps.
YOLO Colorhouse® LLC is an equal opportunity employer and a drug and smoke-free work environment.
Please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
YOLO Colorhouse Financial Controller
YOLO Colorhouse - the environmentally responsible paint company, has an exciting opportunity for a dynamic, hands-on, values-oriented, entrepreneurial Financial Controller Position to help drive growth.
YOLO Colorhouse is a leader in environmentally responsible architectural paint and has an opportunity to significantly scale with key retail partners. The Financial Controller Position has overall responsibility for the budget, internal financial reporting, compliance and corporate reporting for YOLO Colorhouse. Specific responsibilities described below include coordination of the budget process, budget reporting, and financial planning with the senior management team and the corporate finance group. Additional responsibilities include establishing financial strategies, and plans in support of company strategic goals and coaching and perform all accounting functions including bookkeeping for processing AP, AR, cash reconciliations and monthly closes.
The Company seeks candidates with creative problem-solving skills, demonstrated strong leadership capabilities, proven ability to excel in an entrepreneurial environment, and a strong understanding and desire for incorporating sustainability into the financial functions.
Responsibilities of this position include the following:
- Responsible for YOLO Colorhouse’s annual budget, business plan, financial targets, forecasts, financial performance and reporting.
- Develop monthly performance reports with clear measurement of actual performance against targets.
- Report financial and operational performance variances against target including trend analysis and interpretation of movements in key performance indicators.
- Responsible for compliance with corporate financial policies and capital governance.
- Oversee the internal financial control environment for the company. Recommend changes as appropriate to senior management.
- Provide leadership, direction and guidance for the completion of YOLO Colorhouse’s revenue, O&M, capital and workforce budget and business plan.
- Provide financial analysis support for new product development
- Assist the team identifying operational efficiencies within the organization to reduce resource needs or costs to the company.
- Provide advice and recommendations to senior management.
- Coach, and develop employees on their role and responsibilities with respect to budget preparation and reporting
- Coach and develop, and train employees as needed on Netsuite and other financial software
- Be capable of performing all bookkeeping for processing AP, AR, and cash reconciliation
- Maintain and strengthen vendor relationships
- Coordinate with auditors for annual review and tax returns
- Maintain monthly close procedures
- Ensure all e commerce activities are revenue and tax compliant
Requirements for this position include the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance, accounting, business or a related field; or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of 7 years related experience.
- Management skills including the ability to establish objectives, develop and execute policy, direct and monitor resources, and recommend and oversee development or implementation of systems, programs, or processes.
- Leadership and teamwork skills to negotiate with and influence peers and management on policy and strategic issues.
- Communication and interpersonal skills including ability to manage and motivate employees. Excellent oral and written communication skills in order to create a vision, communicate strategy, and effectively interface with other company leaders.
- Ability to deliver high quality results at pace, manage parallel processes, and consistently meet tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience with finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Expertise and knowledge in the software Netsuite
MBA or CPA
Retail or industrial experience
Please send resume to email@example.com.